29 October 2010

Halloween 2010

Band #2 is set to take the stage tonight downtown for our Halloween show.  It's been a long time coming but only in the way that it was last minute rushing to get the Rick James songs that we're covering together.  It'll be interesting to see how they turn out.

We've been practicing a lot and the past two days were spent recording.  We like to get as much done as we can when our lead singer is in town.  The sessions came out really well and we recorded a new tune that I'd been putzing around with on keyboard for quite some time.  I'm really glad with how it came out and I hope to share it soon.  I got to play a Fender Rhodes Seventy Three as well as putting backing vocals on the chorus.  My Microkorg seems to have sh*t the bed on me and I wasn't able to lay down a synth track that I was really excited about.
It features some hearty hand claps that sound almost automated and a thundering chorus at the end.  I'm sort of now thinking that it may need a third verse just to showcase the crescendo that comes about after the second verse.  Always leave them wanting more I suppose.

After tonight is over my schedule will be 90 percent less hectic.  Tomorrow will be spent with this:

I only have about a day and a half with it so I'll probably run through it on easy.  I may or may not write a review.  I don't think many of my readers are video game heads but it's my blog so deal with it.  

Gonna take Paisley out for a quick walk and then it's back downtown to writhe my under-parts on mic stands.  Pictures to follow, I'm sure.  Wish me luck. 

No comments: