13 October 2010

Things I'm Consuming (circa Oct 2010)

Peep Show
Oh those quirky brits with their crisps and flats. Their lifts and loos. Their so very bad teeth. I've been in and out of love with this show for the 3+ series that I've watched so far.  I've even sworn off the show once or twice.  But not due to the show not being great.  Each episode has more than kept my attention.  It's more due to the fact that I relate so well to Mark's defeatist and defeated character and how whatever campaign either of the duo endeavor always ends in failure.  Of course this is a theme that's played out in so many situation comedies, both US and across the pond, but in this case it's all about empathy.  It's mirrored my life so effectively that I've taken long breaks before, inevitably, returning back to the show.  The inner monologues make sure than neither of the characters are terribly lovable, but you still root for them in some misdirected way.
All 6 series are available for instant viewing on Hulu.  I highly recommend that you sit down with this one.


Vicks Vapor Inhaler



F*ck yes.  Not that I have much experience, but I can't imagine snorting anything else and being more satisfied that this.  Although I was hipped to this by a woman that broke my heart and although every sniff brings a flood of painful memories back to mind it's so worth it.  I keep it next to my iMac and even without any nasal congestion I find myself shoving it up my nose a few times an hour.





Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki

I put this on litra'lly everything.  Sauteed veggies for fried rice.  Ground beef or chicken.  Fried lunch meats for a quick sandwich.  If you've every had anything out of my kitchen the it's pretty likely you've (hopefully) enjoyed this product.  The company, run by a Jewish/Chinese couple (hence the name Soy Vay. Get it?) makes a number of sauces that are great for marinade or cooking.  This one in particular is very smokey and very flavorful.  Good if you're not the best at concocting your own seasoning.  I swear by it and would be completely lost if my grocer stopped carrying it. 


Lil Caesar's Hot-N-Ready

The Hot-N-Ready is a bachelor's best friend.  Whether it be a lonely Wednesday night with nothing in the fridge or a Friday night with company and a movie, the Hot-N-Ready is a lifesaver.  Lil Caesar's changed the game when they introduced a large pizza, either cheese or pepperoni, for just 5 bucks and ready once you step in the door.  No calling ahead.  No waiting 25+ minutes.  In and out and you got your grub for the night.  Sure, it's not the best pizza but you can doctor it up.  Just heat up a little of your own red sauce for dipping and you're set.  Now all of a sudden all the big chains have their own version of the value pizza and it's all due to the Hot-N-Ready. 




No comments: