26 November 2010

The Battle at Vladivostok

The majority of November has gone without any updates to this blog and that is for a number of reasons including, but not limited to:


  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Paisley Descartes
  • Writers block
  • Disenchantment
  • Debilitating stomach flu

But above all it's that there is really nothing to note.  I was going to try to review the new Kanye West and Jamiroquai albums.  By the time I got around to it both had been released and super saturated onto the interwebs and I lost my erection.  I did just get my hands on Daft Punk's TRON soundtrack but I've yet to give it a listen.

In summation, I've been sitting around looking like a homeless man that happens to have a house that he won't leave.  I wake up and run a comb partially through my unkept hair.  I romanticize my current look as that of a latter day Marvin Gaye:



You know.  The bad ass unshaven 70's soul brotha look.  Unfortunately in my case it turns out moreso like this:


Yep.  That's me sitting on the floor as I type this.  On a Friday night no less.  Maybe I'll muster up some gusto and leave the house tonight but seeing as how comfortable I am here next to my space heater with a tumbler of Sangria the odds are getting slimmer by the moment.
What caused this disenchantment? This lethargy?  This complete lack of enthusiasm about anything?  I don't know and I'm not gonna think about it.  I'm just gonna think about how badly I want Marvin's skull cap as pictured above.  Or Jack Nicholson's in 'One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest'.  I think that's what I'm going for this winter.  I haven't owned a winter hat or coat in over a decade.  I primarily wear my dad's vintage brown leather and smoker friendly gloves (I don't smoke).

This entry should have ended long ago.  Perhaps next time I'll prepare something on a topic of some sort.  Or not.  Deal with it.  Since this seems to be a very 70's entry I'll leave you with a photo of Kathleen Cleaver simply because it's awe inspiring just as she is.  And I love a woman with an afro.  That I do.





Spiritualized - 'Stop Your Crying'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Matt says you look like a homeless pimp who just happens to have a home he won't leave. I'm inclined to agree.

Afrochic said...

I quite adore latter day Marvin Gaye. The skull cap and beard were just... magical. I endorse of this look. Does my having an afro lend me any additional credibility?

David said...

CB - Your brother is correct on more than one point in that statement

LB - You used to have credibility before the afro. Now you're just INCREDIBLE.