01 April 2011

So Yu Thot Yu Culd Spell



A lot of fun was had last night at the spelling bee.  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.  The Lemon Grove donated a bottle of tequila for the contestants which added a nice variable into the competition.  I know out west they usually have drinking requirements for their adult spelling bees but I wanted to keep that up to the discretion of the participants.  
Photos by Jimmy C. Farris after the break.

The Hopefuls


JC Farris spelling on his fingers


Some people didn't come to spell

The Lucky Winner!



And today is my father's surprise retirement party.  He called me on the phone the other day and when he couldn't hear me he said 'Turn your record player down'.  To his defense, I do actually own a record player, but one has to wonder if that's what he was referring to or was he just being old and retired?

2 comments:

Afrochic said...

I bet that was SO much fun! I told some friends about it here in VA, and they love the idea :)

David said...

You should do one there. I guess they're pretty common in big cities. I thought they were only out west but I heard from a friend in Chi-town that they go all out with em.