01 March 2011

Brazil

February, the most depressing of all months in my opinion, is now taking it's last shallow breaths and giving way to one of my favorites.  March isn't great by any means.  It still resembles much more of February than April and is littered with the blight of college basketball but it has a number of redeeming qualities.  Besides being my birth month, which does make me partial, it also has what may be my favorite holiday: St Patrick's.  The sun begins to become a more familiar staple during the day and daylight lasts well into the 7 O'clock hour here in Ohio, not to mention that since 2007 we now spring forward in March as opposed to April.

Personally I'm looking forward to getting back into the studio to record some really great music that Band #2 has been working on.  That may be (but not likely) followed by a St Patty's day in NYC.   My Spelling Bee at the Lemon Grove is finally taking place at the end of the month.  But most exciting is the fact that I've been hitting the gym pretty hardcore and hope that the high of this new membership doesn't wear off any time soon.  I've been going almost every other day since joining and I'm becoming quite the meat head.  Been mostly working on cardio so that I can be in peak condition for the frisbee league this spring but also started doing strength training because my arms have always been as weak as delicate little seedlings.
I plan on taking my shirt off a lot this Summer.


I'm currently listening to Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie XX's 'We're New Here'.  A collection of remixes to Mr. Heron's first album after a 13 year hiatus.  I have to say I'm enjoying it.








Also, I've decided I'm going to live in Brazil before this life is over. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very much addicted to NY is Killing Me. Thanks.

David said...

Oh man, it's so good.
I heard it a couple months back and was really optimistic for the full release.