03 March 2011

Mortal Kombat (9)



For the first time in over a decade I'm really excited for a Mortal Kombat game.
The original MK was probably the game responsible for turning me from a casual gamer to an avid drooling fan boy. I remember walking home in junior high and hitting up my man D.Traylor who always had the Game Informers and Nintendo Power magazines and getting erections over any new info on the next MK installment.

needless to say, the jump to 3D really hurt the series and when compared to up-and-coming fighting titles like Tekken and Soul Caliber the MK formula just went stale. If the mechanics are as smooth as they look (can't be worse than the last 3 games) and it has all the gameplay options that it boasts then this may be the first game I put $60 bucks down for in quite a while.

No comments: